Friday, April 15, 2011

Serious Shit: "Supporting" our Troops


A:
I hate America.

B:
Me too, sorta: ideally, it is the perfect country, in truth we are turning to shit.

A:
Next person I hear saying "Support Our Troops" is going to get set on fire.

B:
I was about to make a self immolation comment.

A:
You have a sense of Irony, you will go unmolested

B:
I'm sure I will.

A:
It's just the whole concept of wrapping the shit sandwich that is Iraq and Afghanistan in the flag, pepper it with some eagles and dead soldiers and say "OH no! you can't criticize THAT! You're UNAMERICAN!"

B:
That's bullshit. May those fools burn in the same fickle hell that they created.

A:
And what are we supposed to support? The fact that men are gladly signing up to risk their lives so we can have a better foothold in a region of the world with oil and a deep seated (and rightly justified) hatred for us? So we can kill unarmed civilians and take pictures posing next to their corpses?

B:
No kidding. What gets to me more than anything, is that people act as if  all of that is inevitable. It's only inevitable if no one does anything.
Individually, we can handle anything, but together, we panic, we're dumb.

A:
So yeah, next time I hear an army wife talk about how proud she is of her husband in Iraq, I'll just ask her "why?"

B:
Be careful. A lot of people really do ship out with the intention of saving the world.

A:
Call me a Nihilist, but those people are fucking stupid and make the world worse.
 Now, don't get me wrong, I really don't have much against the men fighting... I just think they're misguided, or just looking for a job, to be useful.
But they don't come back all there.

 B:
Yeah, it's sad.

A:
Just a block away from my apartment a Marine came back from a tour in Afghanistan.
He shot his wife, then his toddler, then himself.

B:
Jesus Christ!
A:
Yep, you see we really don't give a shit about our troops.
If we actually gave HALF a fuck, we wouldn't let our troops fight anymore

B:
No kidding.

A:
But you know our economy is predicated on us killing someone. We can't figure out any other way to do things, so as long as there are kids gullible or desperate enough to risk at the very least their mental health, we "support" them.

No comments:

Post a Comment